Recipe (for 8 to 10 servings)
2 apples, cored and cut into chunks or Tejocote
2 oranges, cut into chunks.
1 Lb. guava cut in halves
2 cups sugar cane peeled and cut into chunks
2 cups diced pineapple
2 cups tamarindo peeled and cut
2 cups Jamaica
1 cup prunes
2 pc. Piloncillo (Sugar Cone).
4-5 Cinnamon Sticks
10 cups water
1 Tequila (optional)
In a large pot, place the fruit, Piloncillo (sugar cone), cinnamon sticks, and ten cups of water. Bring to a boil; then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot and add a shot of tequila or rum for an extra kick of flavor...Enjoy!!!
Recipe makes 12 portions
2 cups short grain rice
1 bunch cilantro
½ medium white onion
1 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 cups of water
2 tablespoons oil
1. Blend cilantro, onion, garlic and ½ cup water until smooth.
2. In pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Then, add uncooked rice and stir for 25 seconds.
3. Add cilantro mixture, and stir. Then, add 4 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir once.
4. Turn heat down to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. When rice is done cooking, turn off heat. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
1 - 2